- This event has passed.
Make Lead History at The Palace
Sunday,October 21, @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm$20
– Lead Exposure is a crisis in the City Of Syracuse.
– On average 11% of children in Syracuse have an elevated blood level of 5 U/dL or greater. In some neighborhoods, the average is 20% or more.
-Elevated blood levels negatively impact a child’s growth, coordination, development, language skills, hearing, and nervous system.
– The primary cause of Lead exposure is from chipping paint found in the older housing stock. Windows and doorframe are the major culprit, due to friction.
– Houses built before 1978 are potential lead hazards. That includes over 90% of the housing stock in Syracuse.
– Rochester has developed a successful strategy that we can implement here.
-Come join the Syracuse Lead Prevention Coalition and help us develop a solution.
ALL MONEY RAISED WILL GO TOWARDS HELPING FAMILIES LIVING IN LEAD HAZARDOUS ENVIRONMENTS FIND HEALTHY HOUSING.
Suggested Donation $20